With us, you come first
Business awards help build your brand.
Winning business awards is a proven way to generate long-term positive publicity, motivate your workforce, and build your brand reputation.
Being good at what you do is the first step to success. The next, is making sure your award application truly reflects just how much you deserve the accolade.
Our aim is to ensure your award application is the most professional and impressive it can be.
We combine our experience of winning awards for other clients, great writing skills, and a journalist’s eye for the stories that grab an award judge’s attention, to give you an advantage over your competitors.
We always strive to provide a professional, proactive and friendly service for our clients. So, when preparing award applications we will:
- Work closely with you to ensure the award application is as good as it can be and properly reflects your brand
- Carefully assess the criteria and other factors that determine success
- Consider how clients and stakeholders can be involved to maximise the chances of winning
- Identify award ‘stories’ that engage judges and compel them to look favourably on the application. This is a crucial, but often overlooked, element of the process. Awarding bodies are looking for positive media-friendly stories that show their organisations in a good light and maximise publicity
- Meticulously prepare supporting evidence, where required
- Identify post award PR opportunities and other spin-off opportunities that the company can use to gain maximum benefit
A six step winning strategy
We have created proven six-step process in preparing business award documents. This ensures all bases are left uncovered. All advantages are maximised. And our clients have the best chance of winning.
1. Carry out initial research
- Assess entry criteria
- Discuss success factors with the award organiser, if appropriate
- Review past entries and winners
- Consider who will be judging.
2. Confirm categories and key messages
- Provide advice, if requested, on categories to enter
- Identify company achievements relating to criteria
- Identify key messages related to achievements.
3. Agree process
- Identify who will provide evidence
- Agree action plan including timescales
- Diary deadlines and meetings required.
4. Research and write
- Contact and meet (if required) key players
- Gather and collate data
- Write application document – building in ‘award stories’ that engage judges. The judges are looking to name a winning company that makes good PR, so having those PR angles in the submission document is vital.
5. Prepare evidence
- Assess evidence required
- Liaise with evidence holders
- Where necessary, amend evidence to make it quick and easy to read
- Manage preparation of electronic documents – in terms of design, format and size
- Prepare to present in the most attractive format.
6. Check, approve and sign off
- Provide drafts for you when and how you require
- Provide a final draft for amending/approving by key internal staff
- Amend and resubmit documents as necessary
- Obtain final, written sign-off
- Submit documents to the award organisation.
If required, we can provide a range of design and digital media services to support the application, such as document redesign, rebranding and resizing, photography and picture enhancement plus video filming, editing and formatting.
Post award PR + spin-off PR
During the application process we will work with you to identify good angles and story lines for post award PR. Hopefully this will be attached to a story about the company winning an award. We can advise on a media plan to make the most of the award success.
Through our research, we would also hope to identify ‘spin off’ stories that might not be directly related to the award, but would generate great publicity in the months ahead.
All information about your company, your staff and clients will be treated as confidential unless you (and, where necessary, the member of staff and client) specifically gives us permission to release it.
Do you want to have a better chance of being a business award winner?
Contact us today. With matm, you come first.